FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Performancedieselpros View Post
Best salesman of all time!

Greg Glassman founder of crossfit....... Lol

I mean early last year Crossfit discovered what the ancient Greeks knew thousands of years ago.... Alters(AKA Dumbbells) are great unilateral training tools!

Congrats on doing C.F. since 09', 90% of the people that have stepped foot in a C.F. gym sustain injury.

Just wish C.F. would teach that posture and alignment are key, and considering the excessive squating leads to a stupid anterior pelvic tilt.... say bye bye hip health and L1-L5!
Haaaaa, thanks. But I have had a few injuries, that goes with the territory due to the high level of training I do. I definitely push my limits. All injuries were overcome with rest, self rehab and patience.

I must say I have not always agreed with some of CFs programming, with heavy emphasis and daily doses of excess shoulder movements. This can lead to a multitude of problems. At my age (46) I’m careful with my programming and do a bit of cherry picking to preserve my shoulders.

As for your “posture and alignment” statement, I believe they addressed this early on with Kelly Starrett. Castro brought him onboard to teach these types of things along with MOBILITY and positioning to CF staff. Starrett was linked to CFs mainsite with his Mobility WOD. Starrett is hands down one of the best in his field for Human Movement. Unfortunately he became such a success on his own, he slowly separated from CF.

I must say, as much as I enjoy CF competing in each Open (except this year) and other CF Competitions during the year, I have moved to more of a hybrid style of training focusing on more FUNCTIONAL types of movements. This suits my body and goals better. I still do plenty of CF stuff, I just avoid the high injury type movements.

TRAIN SMARTER NOT HARDER!
Appreciate 0