View Single Post
      10-04-2017, 10:46 PM   #709
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

I was looking at some Strava runs tonight and noticing the elevation differences. As I understand Strava (and Garmin), they count elevation gains because they represent work, whereas as elevation losses do not. Mr Tonka's 33 mile run today (nice run) had a total of 289ft of elevation gain. My 10.8 mile run had 535ft of elevation gain. I can tell you my run was mostly hills. Some were rollers which are a blast to storm through, and some were just plain nasty climbs after passing over creeks. It's a shame there's no way to record wind resistance as I take from Mr Tonka's description of his run that he fought the wind for a good part of it.

Harvest is well underway here, so soon the fields will be empty again. On the one hand that makes intersections a lot less of a pain because you can see what's coming along the intersecting roads. But it also represents a loss of screening from the wind. In some places now the ground will be wide open to the horizon. Wind will become a fact of life and a factor in planning rides.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00