Garage List
2024 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
2005 Lotus Elise  [10.00]
2023 BMW M4 CSL  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayscott
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNoob View Post
I like the garmin computers. you can configure screens any way you want, have different bikes, different activities - you name it. very customizable. also syncs with Strava and has live segment updates and all that crap. I have a 500, and after a while switched to a 510. the wireless cadence and speed works very well. I have mine set up so I can switch between bikes (tire size) and activities (mtn bike, road ride, winter ride) as I want to see different data.
I have a integrated duo trap sensor on my Trek Domane which captures Cadence, HR and Power. Can the Garmin capture this data. I ride a lot of roads in my area which I am very familiar with so I don't need a Garmin to map a course. I only ride a road bike on long rides so switching to another bike is not an option. I ride a hybrid on our local trails which are near by. I really appreciate your input as I am just trying to understand how a Garmin works and if it is worth a $450 investment. thanks.
If it is Ant+, it should pick up your sensors. I have the speed and cadence sensor from my old Specialized computer, which is Ant+, and it works fine with the Garmin. I think it only worked with the newer Edge 510, and not the 500. The newer version may have better compatibility.

I don't use the mapping either. What I like is that you can customize "pages" and scroll through them on your ride. For instance, when on your road bike, you could have the main page, or screen view, with power, HR, cadence, and speed. I like to keep the number of data shown to a minimum on the main page, since the more you add, the smaller the font gets. and, you know, age and all... On a second screen you can have average sp, power, hr, cadence, etc. on a third screen, you can have max values. So many options, can pretty much set it up however you want, with any piece of data

you can do all that for several different activities. have one set up for road riding, one for mountain biking. just select Road or Mtn, or what ever you call the different activities. if I select Road, I have one set of screens and data. if I select Mountain, different data. (on the mountain bike I can see grade, elevation gain, crap like that).

Again, you pretty much pick what you want to see and how you want to see it. And, believe it or not, setup is remarkably intuitive and simple.
Mr Tonka6058.00