View Single Post
      01-13-2020, 07:09 PM   #14
EricVR4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
And it isn't just the managers. All the players had to know this was going on and said nothing about it. Maybe it is so widespread that many just accept it as part of the game. Like doping in the Olympics and Tour de France.
Sadly, it was mostly Cora and the players that were involved from the way the report read. Hinch knew about it and said he didn't agree with it, nor did he participate in it, but he failed to stop it or notify Crane of it.

Edit: Lunhow released a statement that echoed what Manfred's report said. He had no idea it was going on as it was player and lower-level coaching driven. If he had known, he would've stopped it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW003 View Post
Call my silly, I don't get why its such a huge thing.

Just because you know a call doesn't mean you are still going to be able to hit it.

Understand it would be better to know what's coming than not.

Look at the Sox last year, didn't seem to do them much good?

Besides, and no excuse, I bet most of the MLB is doing it.
I agree to be honest. Knowing what pitch is coming does give a slight advantage but man it is just really damn hard to hit a baseball at that level. Plus we had just as good of a hitting record, if not better some seasons, on the road compared to at home. So I'm not entirely convinced of how much it helped us in the first place