United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
what's the last time you drove a manual for 2 hours and moved less than 5 miles, think that would probably be the last time you want to drive manual on daily basis...
I drove my 6-speed diesel pickup longer than 2 hours and less than 5 miles...on the Long Island Expressway...in Sunday evening beach/Hamptons traffic...towing my 24-foot enclosed race car hauler. Not for the faint of heart, with suicidal cars cutting your truck/trailer off. The experience didn't change my mind about driving a manual gearbox. Heck, it actually made the trip nicer, since the truck has a super-low "creeper" first gear where it can crawl along at slower than a walking pace with no throttle input. Perfect "cruise control" for trips through the NYC area!

When I first got the truck in 2008, I thought that the G56 gearbox was tiring to row through the gears in town compared to my car shifters. My opinion changed after a few months, and you will have to pry that shift knob out of my cold, dead, twitching hands.....
More prop to you, once a while is very different than doing it every other day though, in this case I would just have wished for an auto with traffic jam assistance...
Appreciate 0