View Single Post
      08-30-2020, 12:06 PM   #23
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRA View Post
Porsches do not attract me at all in terms of the exterior design, 911 series look comical to me for some reason (sorry). Taycan is a bit better, but nothing compared to the astonishing combination of elegance & brutality that you have in a BMW 8 series.

The engineering behind 911s is to be respected, although if you plan to drive them flat-out you need to adjust to this weird mid-rear engine chassis, so you are gaining a special skillset that won't help you with any other car.

M8 can compete with Porsches on the track, it will beat most of them besides of the fastest models. i.e. of course GT3/GT2 and 911 Turbo S will be faster.

If you want to go faster sacrificing some comfort, I would rather look towards McLaren, then the latest R8 ain't bad.
The M8C does decent on track, but a 992S or 718 GT4 which are nowhere near the fastest are faster than the M8C on The Nurburgring. The GT cars, or turbos are MUCH faster.
I ultimately thought the M8 was supposed to be a 911 turbo competitor but can’t really see people cross shopping the two. The 992 Turbo S is largely a world beater and knowing that the dot 2 version will only be faster and that a GT2RS is coming which will only be faster as well is almost hard to believe.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; 08-30-2020 at 01:01 PM..
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25083.00
LSM1118.00