01-16-2020, 11:58 AM   #16
geddylee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7, 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
Dumbest thing I have read in a while. M8 devalues the brand?

Following your logic why have any M cars? Why a M3 when there is a 340?
One can argue of what looks good or special but there is zero issue with the line-up.
I am no fan of the convertible but I for one appreciate a power coupe like I appreciate the M5 for a power sedan.

The problem and difference is price point. The M340 and M3 are at price points where the differentiation makes sense. When you are pushing 130k for an M850 in some cases, which already aren't selling well mind you - releasing an Mcar at the 160k price point which doesn't perform at mind blowingly higher levels just doesn't make sense.

Does it look like 160k car? No! Does it drive like one? No! Does the interior take the car to new heights? No! Does it sound amazing? Again, no it does not.

The M3 at the 80k price point is a compelling package which is why they are popular. In my opinion Bmw just put this out because they could - not because they should which is how your brand gets devalued in the first place!

Keep in mind, this is just one persons opinion as an ambassador of the brand for nearly two decades. I could be wrong and maybe this turns out as a large success but I kind of doubt it.
Appreciate 0