01-14-2020, 01:34 PM   #9
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Yeah, especially since Mercedes is preparing to release a new flagship trim for AMG, the 73, and it will likely be on the AMG GT Coupe and 4-Door. Apparently it will have the 63 drivetrain (bi-turbo 4L V8) and will be paired to a hybrid/electric drivetrain/motor and will likely make 700hp!

I'd love to see M start taking some more risks or being more creative with their engines again, similar to the bangle era with the V10 M5/6
and V8 M3, I don't really care for them making electronic brakes and more and more items to configure with drive modes.
Really look forward to more high-performance hybrid powertrains but am concerned about weight. Hybrids usually add more weight.
AMG has made huge strides with their GT 2 door models being fun performance cars carving corners on the track and on the road rather than being straight line rockets.

All these 4 door models (GT63s, M5, E63s) as well as the M8 are just getting too heavy. I really like how our M8 rides but our AMG GTC easily out handles it

The other news is AWD coming to virtually all AMG's, including the next GT 2doors...

Last edited by Wolfman64; 01-14-2020 at 01:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00