View Single Post
      12-02-2020, 11:57 AM   #36
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
I think it depends on the buyer. Tesla buyers seem to accept the shoddy workmanship, poor interiors, etc. b/c they like the giant screen, the updates, the cool and fun tech stuff that Tesla provides and many seem to not want to go back to regular cars (at least those I've spoken with who own Teslas).

Me OTOH, I despised them as soon as I drove the first Model S and whenever I've ridden in them since b/c the crappy leather, poor quality build, etc. appeared to be worse than that found in Acura and Honda products and was not acceptable to me for a $70K car let alone a $100K+ car.

With that said, Tesla does have 2 major advantages - their much larger supercharger network and generally higher driving range vs. EVs for traditional car mfgs.
You hit the nail on the head, but Acura and Honda do have some high quality materials. I have a 2013 Model S as a commuter due to free unlimited supercharging for life, but multiple panels don't line up, weather stripping does fit and the leather is horrible.
We just picked a 2020 Model Y long range and it is HORRIBLE. Brand new car was received with overspray all over, paint drips under the clear coat, paint chips, loose bolts all over the car and plasticky leather. Even the seat covers are coming off the actual seat.
It is the tech, charger network and the cool factor that people are after and they overlook the quality.
AlterZgo1537.50
PABrian149.50
ted99242.00
khailuan112.50