12-30-2015, 10:27 AM   #205
MPerformance211
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 981 Boxster S; 3 pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
My point is regardless of the designation of the car, if it has poor visibility you have declared it un-drivable. So a sports car is supposed to have poor visibility but worth driving and it must be "tolerated", while a sports coupe (i.e. Camaro) that has poor visibility is not worth driving and is intolerable to own? Poor visibility is poor visibility regardless of the type of car or who manufactures it. I could make an argument that I should have never bought my E90 if all I cared about was its visibility level. Compared to my E30 that I replaced with the E90, the E30 had the best visibility of any car I've owned, but there were other attributes of the E90 that compensated for the visibility (like it was new ).

Your trollish Gov't Motors comment indicates you really just want to bash GM rather than have any serious discussion about the subject. GM will sell hundreds of thousands of Camaros compared to BMW's 4-series, and by some Posters accounts of ATS sales for example, in that comparative sense, the BMW F3X 4-series is a piece of crap.
You really struggle with this don't you? So you would be "ok" daily driving a car with piss poor visibility? You would "tolerate" that? Good for you. I wouldn't for a daily driver. A sports car is a different story and is obvioulsy not driven every day. Thus, you make "sacrficies" (for lack of a better term) like lack of utility, comfort, visibility et al. It really isn't that difficult to comprehend.

I've already pointed out the main reasons why I'd never buy this car (see cartoonish design, cheap ass materials used, et al). Do I despise GM? Yep, I sure as hell do. Having said that, could I have swallowed my pride and bought a C7 Vette if the ass end didn't look like the abortion that it is? Yes.

Hundreds of thousands of Camaros? ummmm, they sell bewtween 80-90K per year. BMW 4 series sales were 119K. Nice try though. Why does GM even sell that many Camaros? because they are cheap. Same thing goes for the Mustang (which I would buy 1,000 times before a Camaro). They are cheap and Americans love them. How many Camaros do you see anywhere else besides US?

The ATS styling is probably worse than the Camaro. Probably why sales were down 22% from '13 to '14. You couldn't give me one of those things. Respect it's performance (the V version) but there is nothing remotely appealing about that car.

Go buy your GM junk. I'll stick to other brands.
Appreciate 0