View Single Post
      11-25-2014, 09:27 AM   #21
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtech E90 E83 View Post
Just put my Termignoni's up for sale (never even put them on), and decided to go the Akra slip-on route... mmm, can't wait. The Akra's have this whine to them that sounds like a charger spooling up - can't really explain it. But, the twin-sound comes to life with this kit!!

LOL... yea man, but I'm looking forward to it. Love doing what I can with my hands if I'm capable, and I'm SURE these bikes will be far easier to work on than my E90 hahaha. That thing looks great though, classy!

Awesome... I haven't heard one negative review about the S1000R. The one gripe I had was the lop-sided headlights - could not stand them... Then, I saw the bike in-person, and immediately took back what I said about those headlights.
This is my personal opinion and many think it's heresy to say this in the Ducati cult. But in my opinion Termis are just overpriced junk. If you compare the build quality between an Akra and a Termi, the differences are obvious. I've never heard of one instance where an Akra has failed. But there are documented instances of the crap welds in Termis blowing apart. It's also funny that many think the new style Termis for our bikes was something fresh and new when Akra came out with the design way before Termi did.

So good for you in getting rid of the the overpriced junk and getting some quality components for your bike.

As far as the S1000RR, yes, it's everything everyone has said. The bike is just awesome on the track. If I had ridden one prior to getting my 848, I would have an S1000RR in my garage instead of the Duc. Would I sell my 848 right now to get a S1000RR, no. But if I'm in the market again, I would definitely be looking at a S1000RR.
Appreciate 0