View Single Post
      07-25-2008, 01:54 AM   #96
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenington86 View Post
Now the first part of what they said I do not agree with... Now the second part of what they said is understandable... being in the military, your rank, and position should not should not be brought and posted into a fourm period.
Hey smart guy, show me where I stated my rank. I just used my position to qualify a point, which is that I'm one of the people that has to deal with this kind of stuff professionally, and far more often than I should have to. Therefore, I see it far more than most and my opinion should be credible. I also, like you, exist in a very youthful environment and one would have to be blind to not see the differences in exhibited maturity and behavior from people in their 20s vs. 30s vs. 40s. [Most] people mature as they age. Plus, I never advocated that ALL young people are stupid and immature. Ultimately there's a reason why younger drivers pay more for auto insurance. As for me, I'm in my 40s and still doing the same things I did in my 20s (like riding fast motorcycles), although I take my personal safety into far greater consideration than I used to. Some of you come across as if you have nothing to learn from your elders. You speak with great disrespect toward them. There are no guarantees in life. You cannot count on reaching my age. The choices you make can kill you long before you have an opportunity to get beyond the high(er) risk years. I see that often enough too. If I am to advocate anything at all it's to have respect for things. Think about the inherent dangers and plan/prepare accordingly. That applies to all ages. With that, I'm done...

Cheers!