View Single Post
      10-05-2009, 01:31 AM   #1
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 AW E92 M3

Portrait Lighting Help!

I'm doing a mini-photoshoot with my friend soon and wanted to work on my portraiture skills...since all I shoot nowadays are cars

I found this photo while looking up pics from Hasselblads and this one caught my eye, not only because it looked great but because I recognized the actress from Zombieland Great movie by the way, all of you have GOT to go out and watch it!

http://l.yimg.com/l/tv/us/img/site/9...0411122209.jpg
The photographer did a series for all of the actors in a show and I thought it'd be cool if I did the same thing for my friend...maybe I'll do it for all of the PNW E90Post'ers

Anyways...let's talk lighting. I'm looking at the EXIF info and it just doesn't add up, it's as if it was shot in a studio and heavily edited in Photoshop. The reflections of the street lights can be replicated easily, but when it comes to lighting the subject, things get ugly.

I'm limited to a single external flash with stand and shoot-through or bounce umbrella. That's all I've got to replicate this photo. Is anyone skilled enough in lighting to know what to do?

Oh, and what would I do for the background? Obviously I can't park a car in the middle of the street and set up my tripod and stand. Not going to work!

Last edited by TWiTCHY; 10-05-2009 at 09:46 PM..
Appreciate 0