limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie8 View Post
Like the magnetic mounts limeypride....
Yeah, me too. It took quite a few iterations and the tossing of crap purchases in the garbage but we got there. The case itself (called a Book Book) is also magnetic so everything's attracted to everything (in a good way).

I made the magnetic knee-mount piece myself by cutting a rectangular strip of industrial strength black Velcro (furry side) and sticking it directly to the car's carpeted tunnel wall. This is basically invisible when there's nothing attached to it so when I'm done with the car, I have nothing to peel off. I bought super-strong black earth magnets and attached them (glue + magnetism) to a small piece of black, rectangular metal that came with one of the earlier throw-away magnetic mounts. Finally, I stuck the other half of the industrial strength Velcro (the hooked-side) to the metal and attached that to the furry Velcro using the Velcro itself. Now I have 3 black earth magnets next to my right knee that the Book Book case magnetically adheres to because it's full of metal+magnets itself. Phew, that was simple.
Appreciate 0