View Single Post
      12-21-2019, 03:49 AM   #7
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

So yesterday was the event. I got to drive a Z4M Coupe, M2C, M4, M5, X6M, and an M240i.

We had groups of 8 drivers, with a total of 10 groups. Unfortunately after my passenger (who I went with) rode with me in the M4 and then Z4M....he had to bail as he got car sickness. I warned him I was going to "beat" the cars until the instructor told me to back off. So after the first 2 drives, I was on my own. All cars were awesome....the M5 is a beast. The Z4M was great as you could toss it around the road course pretty easily.

We had 2 times trials in different track sections...one in the M2C, and one in the 240i. First was the M2C, and I set the record lap as the 4th driver for our group. We had 3 timed laps on this course. 2 drivers later...I hear over the radio a new track record. So my next go...new record....then he goes....he beat me. Last lap for me I best his time, and then his last lap he beats me by something like .129 of a second quicker.

Same went for the racing in the 240i. Two cars on track.....I stayed out for 4- straight races as I kept winning. The last run of the day was between me and the driver from the other timed event for overall winner. 5 laps.....and according to the instructor beats me by a hair at the cone!!

Oh....the other driver was none other than Edwin McCain. I got a pic with him earlier......but after the entire day.....fu@k you Edwin!!!!!! Lol.....he could really drive.

Seriously though, it was an awesome day. At the very end I got to ride for 2 laps in an M5 with a professional driver through the extended course.

Did I mention the M5 was a beast???? The professional driver was amazing to put it mildly! He really knew the car' limits and pushed it all the way through the course.

I will definitely be doing this again!
cmyx6go15761.00