Thread: 135i?
View Single Post
      02-11-2007, 05:54 AM   #8
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: still deciding what to order

I had the exact same dilemma. The only thing that even slightly turned me off from the 335i in the first place was that it was a heavy luxury car with an open diff. By far the most exciting car to drive I've ever driven is a lotus exige, and I've driven a lot of cars. The Lotus is simply too tiny to carry anything or be very comfortable. A smaller lighter 335i would be an amazing daily driver though. Anyway... I decided to just get the 335i for a few reasons:

1) Despite it being a little heavier and larger than I would like it is still an amazing car to drive.

2) For a car slightly over $40k it is by far the best value in its class out there right now.. nothing else can touch its combination of performance, drivability, technology, value retention, build quality, looks, warrantee ect ect

3) When it comes to cars there is ALWAYS something better right around the corner... if you wait for it you'll never stop waiting.

4) BMWs retain their value very well, so if I really want to get rid of it in a couple years it won't be that bad.

5) The first car they bring to the US will probably be that 5 door hatchback thing... then maybe a coupe.. then maybe a vert.. then maybe an M1/M2 coupe... If this M 1series coupe is ever produced and sold in America it will be the one I want, but who know how long that will be. What happens if you wait for the 135 and then when that comes out you find out the M1 will be around in 8 months? Just get the 335i it's an amazing car that will not disappoint.
Appreciate 0