07-06-2020, 03:34 AM   #7
MauiSteve
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M Sport 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictor View Post
I didn't have IAS on the M550i and it's a standard feature on the M850i. I'm not a fan of the IAS but it's also convenient for daily driving. I just have to keep second guessing what the rear wheels are doing when going through a spirited turn at certain speeds. It's not a deal breaker but if it was an individual option then I would not get it again. Our G05 X5 also has IAS and it feels better suited to a longer car like the LWB 7-series or X7.

Cost aside, the 8-series GC is a really good alternative to the 5-series.
Thanks much for your comments and input. I don't see many BM's that post negatively on IAS. Generally it's neutral to positive sentiment. My SA talked me out of it when I ordered my 5 series, and I have never been able to take a test drive with an IAS equiped car. Interestingly on the 8 IAS is marketed as a performance option, but on the 5 a convenience option.

When you say the 8GC seats are more snug- do you mean less shoulder room or is it tighter bolstering? I have the seat pretty far back in my G30, and the B-pillar kinda limits shoulder room already.