View Single Post
      04-04-2018, 06:26 PM   #19
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spa2k View Post
I've had a Nest Cam for about a year, and I'm looking for an alternative. On the plus side, the quality of the day and night pictures it sends to my smartphone are excellent. OTOH, the software just stops functioning at random and needs to be reloaded frequently, the camera sends a large number of false alerts and the monthly charges add up to a point that's not acceptable.
That's why I said any cloud service can just shove it. I don't want to be a slave to having to depend on a vendor to keep my system up and running after paying for the equipment. With a quality system like Hikvision, you pay once and you're done. Equipment is very reliable and I've had no issues with their smart phone app. I've opted to go with Hikvision's DVR appliance and installed a WD 4TB HD in it. I know P1et opted to use a different DVR option.

Also, I would rather not have Google capture more data about me and more to the point give them an open invitation to spy on my home.
Appreciate 1
P111572.00