View Single Post
      03-31-2018, 01:06 PM   #16
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
I'm surprised you're not getting decent performance in terms of distance from the Hikvision cameras at night. I don't have any complaints about mine. I have a camera monitoring the sliding glass door on the walkout from my basement at the back of the house. It's pretty dark back there and I can see all the way to the my fence about 30 ft or so away. I also have one of the cube cameras in my garage. In the pitch dark, I can still make out decent details of items in my garage.

I tweaked some of the settings based on the information I got from the Network Camera Critic website with his reviews of the cameras I have.
My subdivision has no street lights anywhere and acre lots. I haven't been able to 'optimize' the camera settings myself to satisfaction. I'm trying to keep the gain down although I find myself putting it at around 7 to balance visibility w/ noise. NCC unfortunately doesn't have the mini dome cams I am using (DS-2CD2142FWD) on their site. Note sure if having done mini dome vs bullet makes a difference or 3MP vs 4MP.

I'll try to post some samples later in the other thread so as not to pollute this one.