07-03-2021, 10:37 AM   #22
Andycam
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2019 M850i xDrive Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Haha, where are you that it's 4 am? It's not even midnight on EST in dc time.

Under Virginia law, in the USA, in your example; even if you were right and proved everything; the courts would only award you $50 total roughly equal to the cost of paint. A typical attorney would charge around $5,000 before collecting and typically another 40-50% post collection work. Thus, you're painted room law suit would actually cost you roughly $10k in legal fees plus court costs to win a total of $50.

In the states, we need to prove damages to recover compensation in tort type lawsuits. 4 key elements; duty, breach, harm and causation.

It's a tough sled to show you need a whole new race car to launch; if you're not racing.
I'm in Sweden, land of vikings, elks and lingonberries.

Makes sense what you are saying. Consumer law here is a bit different, you don't necessarily need to argue your case in court and the law is pretty clear on if a thing does not live up to the performance/quality you could reasonably expect.

Ah well, next time my car goes to the shop I will at least try to get them to read the launch control number so I know what I am dealing with. My car had 590 miles on it when I bought it so if I'm unlucky a lot of those launches went away then

Last edited by Andycam; 07-03-2021 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 1