View Single Post
      05-06-2020, 09:31 AM   #62
markus2310
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 CP Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belugs View Post
If you don't have the adjusted cap cos and other lease details on an itemized quote then just assume you are most likely taking a deal with some hidden fees.

Attached is just an example of what my own math looked like (not actual values) when I went to negotiate the lease deal on my custom ordered M550i 3 years ago. As u can see, I had to know the adjusted cap cost, money factor, residual value etc to make sure I was getting a fair deal. Ask yourself how do you know u are getting a fair deal. They can mark up one of those variables without u knowing and even if they say u r getting a 20k discount you could be paying more.

I would ask them for a break down on how they got to the $1500 price for the M8. Or maybe this is just me and the way I operate ����

Don't get me wrong...not saying $1599 is not a good deal for an M8...it is actually...just saying u need to know details of the deal prior to accepting.
Thank you for your feedback, I'm attaching the calculation that I had gotten from them. The monthly rate should include CA tax and ext. warranty (which I will take off, if that deal happens).

I'm not sure which costs they could be hiding, but I will ask them to provide the other details.

I would really like to take it at this point, but I am also really not willing to take any hits on my M4. I have 5 lease payments left, June 13 I should be in the pull ahead zone with 3 payments left. I think a bit of customer appreciation after 9 years would be great on BMW's end, until I saw a friend's M8 I was already headed towards Porsche, looking at the Carrera S and waiting for the new 911 GTS to be released this summer, if they are so unwilling to meet me on a pristine lease return a bit earlier I might just still end up there ...
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
soooma1377.50