06-10-2020, 04:24 PM   #36
DadzM8
Rep
Drives: 2020 Alpine White M8 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
Legitimate points and my comments seem too harsh in hindsight
I did say if it's the right build, that is the priority

The crazy thing is that we are incredibly spoiled with unheard of discounts on such a newly released car. BMW just messed up the launch that left so many dealers with expensive and slow moving inventory.

I remember getting our newly released E63s ED.1 in late 2017. Felt like a crazy good deal to get some discount while that car wasn't available in all parts of the country.

That said, apart from different regional supply/demand differences I don't see the discounts on the remaining 2020 M8's going away or dropping dramatically. Customers will not differentiate between a late 19 and early 20 build or if one is HEI or not. It's a 2020 and eventually will sit in the same showroom with 21 models.
Guys - thank you for your comments. I love the build. It is one of my 2 preferred choice colors with the exterior carbon pack, B&W stereo and usual driver aids ( which I can take or leave). I will not track it, so I do not feel like I need to pay for the ceramics. I will road rally it, as we have a number of great road rally events here in the state.

I put the holding deposit today on the car today and will pick up her up on Saturday. Thanks so much for your comments, help and education!
Appreciate 0