View Single Post
      02-17-2024, 04:30 PM   #1
TWO-BMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335ix

Considering Buying A Used M850ix - Would Appreciate Your Thoughts

As the title says, I find myself considering the possible purchase of an M850ix. Let me give you a little background. I am a longtime BMW lover, and have owned quite a few over the years. That would include a 1999 M3, a 2006 M3, a 2009 335ix, a 2014 M235ix, and a 2021 BMW X3 m40i.

I was recently pushed into an unexpected early retirement due to outsourcing. Now that I find myself on a fixed income, and missing a number of years of expected income, my financial situation does not allow the purchase of what I would ideally want. Given that, as I currently do not own a BMW vehicle, and given my long attachment to the brand, I would like to add a final, lightly used, high performance BMW model to my garage. Max expenditure is $60k, and a bit less would be better.

Given that the car must have AWD due to the yearly snow season where I live, that essentially leaves only a used (probably 2019) M850ix as an available option. An used M4 with x drive would be outstanding, but is far too expensive, used, and damned rare, at that.

I've never driven an M850. I love the look of the car, and all the standard equipment. My initial thoughts are that it may be a bit too large and heavy for my preferences? But again, I really don't seem to have any other BMW options and have no interest in an SUV.

I would greatly appreciate your input, thoughts and perspectives on this. Thanks.
Appreciate 0