Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i First Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AM850i View Post
Mine upgraded to 11.2019.70. I haven't had any problems with the car or system till this.

As much as I hate bringing it to the dealer, I guess I might have to if this keeps persisting.
With 11/2019.70 being the same release as mine it definitely sounds like either a software "bug" that has yet to surface for me but it's been about 6 weeks since my OTA upgrade from .55 to the .70 release.

Based on the symptom described I'd likely rule out a loose wire as to cut off all speakers outside of the center channel would mean many loose wires coming off of the Audio RAM Module (#15 in the attached diagram). Plus, even if that was the case you'd still have full volume coming out of the center channel speaker vs what you describe. The next likely culprit is a failure in the 3 analog crossovers. However, a failure there in 2 out of the 3 would not end up with your result but rather sound out of only the tweeters, mid-range or bass drivers.

So ultimately this sounds like a software issue with the DSP that drives the overall sound distribution from the source across the 10 channels of the B&W system. In fact although different in outcome it is very similar to Ozzie8 original issue in which the fabricated engine sound turned into a wining sound and overtook the audio. What puzzles me is why that your .70 installation surfaced the issue vs my OTA upgrade. Unless there were material changes to the head unit or RAM module between the 2019s and 2020s I'm at a loss for why the bug has hit you and not me.
I upgraded to .70 OTA in my driveway about six weeks ago too. Downloaded the software to my phone through the BMW connected app, then the car updated through that.
Appreciate 1