07-03-2019, 12:04 PM   #51
Missduvy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
I grew up with convertibles, my parents always had one and I guess that stuck with me because there's been no time since I've had my license that I have not had one as a fun toy or as a daily driver.

If I can't put the top down, I seal it shut and let the climate control do its job. BUT when the top goes down I want every bit of air and turbulence swirling around, I've tried using the wind deflectors a few times but missed all the air.

Lately, it seems like 95% of the top-down drivers I see have all of their windows rolled up, like they are driving a car with a huge sunroof.

I get that if you're in a city where you want some barrier of protection between you and the crazy people (I usually leave my top up in cities though), or if you're some pearled-up-old-rich-lady who doesn't want to mess your hair, but am trying to figure out why people would want a convertible but not want to experience the the full effect of top down driving.

What gives, window-up/top down convertible people? I'd love to hear why people drive that way.
Hair. When i drive my 911, I sometimes want the top down but don’t want to screw up my blowout. Looks ridiculous but sometimes I do it.
Appreciate 3
wdb4718.00
wrickem2101.00