02-27-2020, 08:12 PM   #75
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
Just scrolled through all the pages. Guess the thread has been ongoing for a couple of months.

I own a M8c and love every minute in it. Is it worth 160k+ I am not sure but who buys bmw’s these days anyways. Pumped up residuals, some of the lowest Mf end in a very attractive payment. What you get for that payment is very hard to compete. This is my 3rd M back to back and although I wanted to go back to a AMG the lease deals were no where near the M8. Was the Amg a better car? Maybe but not for another 700 bucks a month.

These are all toys for me. Use them and move on. No forever commitment. If you are looking for an investment go by some real estate
Nod, agreed on all points ... except maybe the AMG being a better car. I bought a 2018 E63S and sold it after 8 months ploughing straight back into bimmers. 2 x F90s later and now (well, almost now) an M8 Comp GC and I struggle to want any other car at any other price (OK, I'm exaggerating and I'd probably take a Bugatti but there genuinely isn't much else I want). I test drove the GT63S for a few hours and it's nice--interior is to die for--but the driving dynamics and tech are both more form over function. BMW fan boy? Guilty as charged but not for a lack of trying other brands.
Appreciate 0