08-28-2019, 07:05 PM   #65
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG View Post
Now the Grand Coupe makes sense. The large two door 8 Series was designed specifically to be a race car and I get that. Sitting in it, sadly it was nothing special. Why anyone would want such a large sedan is beyond me. But if Porsche is making it and it is selling there's obviously is sum kind of demand for it. Save some fuel ⛽️ for the rest of us.

The 6 Series Grand Coupe was a sweet car as well as the current 4 Series Grand Coupe. I think BMW eliminating the 6 Series was a mistake. Bigger and more expensive does NOT always mean better.
The 6GC is one of the best looking for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
I've seen the 8GC in person and it is marginally better than the pictures. But that C pillar still sucks. Why did they get rid of the Hofmeister Kink and the Body line Kink at the same time. Two staple BMWs characteristics. They must have some young kid who doesn't understand design and heritage.

In any case, the 8G looks like a hatchback and I personally don't care for it. If it depreciates to $30k in 3 years, I might consider getting one as a winter beater.
Even if young kid design this it needs to pass approval.

I think it could look better but it's not bad at all IMO
But this is supposed to be a premier model so it shouldn't be classified or rated by the absence of "bad", it should be an easy, unequivocal "wow"... the prototype was; this incarnation garners a solid "meh" from me.
I know, small details makes a difference for some people