Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwtechgeek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
The ONE model I've actually been looking forward to!!!!! Apart from the M8GC!
As the owner of a M6 GC, the gran coupe is the absolute ultimate chassis for this high performance Sports car.

The coupe and convertible are an after thought.

Still debating whether to get the new M8 Gran Coupe or go all out on the next gen 911 turbo S
What are you talking about? By what logic do you believe the GC is the holy grail while the coupe and 'vert are "afterthoughts?" Meanwhile, you are cross-shopping the GC with a tiny Porsche coupe? Umm, okay? :

Personally, if I was going to buy an 8-series, it would be the coupe or more likely the convertible as I think the 'vert has more of the "lifestyle car" and swagger appeal going on. The coupe is too heavy for a true performance sports car. 911 all day or even M4 over the 8 coupe.

The GC is also pointless in my eyes. Just buy equivalent 5-series for more space while saving a lot of money. Not crazy about styling elements on the GC either. I guess it will sell to people who need the 8 badge while requiring 4 doors to justify their purchase to the wife and kids.

*edit* quick google search shows wheelbase of 8GC to be 119" while 5er is 117". So it's actually longer than the 5-series?? If true, this is surprising given the 4GC is same size as the 4 coupe. A welcome surprise though. If you get more leg room and smoother ride from the 8GC, then I can see the appeal for true executive class buyers.
clee1982796.00