Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by themnmd View Post
Wouldn't take a vet for free
I have always felt that way too - never been interested in one, and have laughed at all the stereotypes that are associated with the car historically...but this new one is a whole new ballgame. The looks alone are worth trying to get a test drive in the near future. And if the interior is at least approaching what we might expect as "normal" for BMW or other German brands, then GM is going to have a home run on its hands.

I saw an interview with the lead interior design guy for the C8 Vette, and he said there's 0 plastic on the interior. For the base model.

If true, that's very different than the typical approach...I am excited to go and see one, whenever that happens.

For the M8...I am just not in the target market for this kind of car. The price tag is nuts for a BMW and I think the F82 is too big, so this is just...not anything I would want to own.
The C8 will most definitely be a homerun. GM will see first time Vette buyers from people who are normally BMW, Mercedes, and Porsche buyers. I'm personally waiting for the C8 Z06 which will be out in 2021. That will be my next "new" car. Other than that, I was waiting for the G90 M5 which will be out in 2025 maybe. But only if the next M5 is drastically different as the F10 was to the E60 and the E60 was to the E39. But I'll be enjoying my C8 Z06 in the meantime.

Appreciate 2