07-22-2019, 03:04 PM   #85
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
if there d be 60% less traffic around the world i d go with manual.. but its a fantasy and city traffic ll be a time and energy sucking thing rest of our lives it seems.. i drove manuals more than autos since i got a driving license and for me the key thing to enjoy driving is a bit over powered RWD car.. not clutch.. and real petrol heads are so obvious on track that has no connection with making wrong heel and toes etc. that can be seen youtube pretty often.. that called themselves petrol heads etc..

as i ve said before.. 90-95% of people who keen on manuals learnt driving with autos and spent most of their life with autos also.. and its funny really..
My wife makes fun of the way I drive an automatic. I hate not having the flywheel effect of a manual and tend to initially ride up on slowing cars, then leave huge gaps between us. I also never seem to get the throttle tip in right since my left foot is just taking a nap.

I've lived and driven in LA, DFW, London and Frankfurt and don't know that I buy the traffic argument, but then I suppose I've just never lived somewhere without heavy traffic.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent15127.00
MT4life575.50