View Single Post
      07-21-2019, 04:57 PM   #67
Tuxedo
Bowties r cool ▶:◀
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09' 128i MT e88, 24'G05 X5 50e

Garage List
When was the last time you drove a new car stepping out of it said well it's not that fast and would have better power in a manual, doesn't happen anymore does it? but 20yrs ago it did.

20yrs ago most cars would have 4spd automatic and 5spd manual that 1more gear costs $600-2500 less making resale or ability aside an MT no brainer.

Now walk into a BMW dealer 6spd manual w/1 clutch and 8spd automatic costs the same on top of that the automatic is faster and smoother then the MT unless you buy $2500 7spd 2 clutch auto with computer launch control to snip .3 sec off 0-60.

If you buy a car for 4 wheels and running motor a Automatic is now the no brainer. If you buy as a autox, track or collectors piece it's a matter of decision. Now as a salesman who has to sell the MT faithful on this idea the dodo bird is the car they used to drive vs the car they will drive they understand but don't like it. Very few dealers stock a MT except M's.
Locate results for data this doesn't include sold orders or sold and delivered cars. Just the US Market
20MY 2-series M2 excluded- 41
20MY 4-Series M4 excluded- 45
I conclude only about 7% or less of dealer inventory is MT will be/right now. You want a MT the writing is on the wall, next gen 4-series is on the horizon and probably automatic only.
Next gen 2-series fwd/awd/rwd might have manual but... dodo bird!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0