07-04-2019, 03:05 PM   #9
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
If there was one flaw in his career it could be pointed at development of the Ford Pinto. The Pinto got an undue bad rap for it's fuel tank design flaw (which was corrected). I owned four Pintos over time and thought it was a great car. The number of fuel tank fire deaths in the Pinto were actually less than other Japanese small cars of the same era, the Corolla being one. And statistically the Pinto was no less safe than any other car of the era too. It's just Ralph Nadar got the Corvair shitcanned, so he needed a new vehicle to go after.

But again, Iacocca was leading the American auto industry with the Pinto development rather than lagging behind.
Just goes to show, Nobodies perfect.
I had a pinto also, in the mid 80’s it had a mildly worked carbed 302 underhood. It was a rocket but handled like shit and was a serious death trap thrill ride. I quickly sold it for the price of the engine as a friend grenadec his mustangs 302.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0