06-26-2019, 10:28 PM   #46
xQx
General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMI View Post
Side observation: a few posters mentioned that they drive top down and AC on in hot weather. It's probably just me, but I just have a psychological block about wasting all that cool/cold air. If it's hot out, my car is sealed tight with AC blasting. YMMV. If ambient temp is good, all down, and no AC, Lol.
It's not wasted; it's just incredibly inefficient. But if you were worried about efficiency, I doubt you'd choose to be driving a twin turbo convertible to begin with

The main reason I shut the roof is the sun, not the heat. Even with the aircon, it's not pleasant sitting in the full tropical sun in the middle of summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush1 View Post
wdb

Thanks buddy! I'll look in the used market. Stupid question, but I will ask anyway... Have these ever been blown off a car in motion?
No, They have pins at the four corners at the bottom that lock into place, it isn't going anywhere. Also, the direction of the wind on the deflector is actually from the back of the car forwards - it tends to push down and in on the deflector rather than up and back, because of the turbulence behind the windscreen.
Appreciate 2