View Single Post
      11-02-2014, 06:31 PM   #45
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Wolf, your math is a bit suspect. Half a second on a one minute track taken over ten minutes is five seconds, hardly being close to being lapped.

I suspect the GT will handily outperform the 991S and likely the GTS too. I'm sure future iterations will give the GT3 a hard time too.

As Levi said, the Cayman is a better chassis than the 911, so Porsche has sort of created an issue for themselves. Challengers will eventually dethrone the 911, whether Porsche answers with their own, better Cayman is yet to be seen.

Not mentioned in any of this is where the C7 and C7 Z06 fit in performance wise, for a heck of a lot less money.
Challengers have been trying to dethrone the 911 for 50 years, and it still hasn't happened. The 911 is still the benchmark and the bar the 991 has set is higher than ever and still is embarrassing cars left and right. Hell, even the F12 and c7 as great as they are and both being RWD couldn't beat the 9914S as best driver's car. That right there says a lot. Not only americas best can't match it, a 400k exotic couldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
Dude. Extrapolating that, the Porsche would beat the SLS by 5 seconds on a ten minute track, that's far from being a lap. And honestly, if someone was offering you a $500k Ferrari you'd still probably take your run of the mill $130k Porsche because you're such a diehard fanboy. I bet the CEO of Porsche is laughing at you.

And at this point, you're either mentally deranged or a troll if you say that a 991S is a better drivers car than the SLS Black Series.
Sorry guys, I edited this post on my iPhone but the changes didn't take. What it was supposed to say was that over a 10 minute session, yes the difference doesn't seem all that big, even though its still not all that close, but extrapolate that over 100 laps, and you see that the SLS is close to being lapped.

And yes, a 991S is a better driver's car than an SLS Black. I've actually driven both and the 991S is certainly a league above. Just like the 911 is a better driver's car than a GTR. Let's also put it this was, the 991S is a little bit better driver's car than the 9914S, yet even the 4S was voted as a BETTER DRIVER'S car than the SLS Black Series. So a panel of 9 judges, of which includes a very decorated pro driver in Randy Pobst all said the 9914S was flat out a better car to drive than the SLS Black...its not hard to see a 991S is. The only troll and mentally deranged one is you if you're going to argue otherwise.

Randy: "I hate to use the word 'driver's' car, but that's what comes to my mind after having just driven it. The 911 is just so much better on the race rack than anything else we have here."

http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...r/viewall.html

Last edited by Wolfinwolfsclothing; 11-02-2014 at 06:38 PM..
Appreciate 0