11-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #41
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
Seen that video before. .5 seconds on a 1 minute lap is a huge difference. Extrapolate that over a 10 minute session, and the SLS Black is almost to the point of getting lapped.
All that video did was prove that Mercedes at their best is still well behind Porsche's maybe 2nd or 3rd best car which is on a 10 year old platform compared to a brand new built from the ground up AMG Black Series. And not only that, we are comparing dual clutch to a 6MT. Had the GT2 has PDK, you know that would have been 1.5-2 seconds per lap which is just downright embarassing (similar to how the base 991 dusted the M4 at Angelsy).

Its hard to compare lap times there from day to day, but same day, my money would be on the GT3.

Again, big fan of Mercedes lately...they offerings by and large are superior to BMWs and theyre only getting better. I very much think the C63/S will be the King of the M3/C63/RCF/RS segment.
Have you thought that because of the circuit being so small that it indeed played into the hands of the Porsche? A second is an eternity for sure, especially arounf a small and tight circuit but I'm wagering you put the SLS BS and the Porsche around a more open and bigger track the percent margin that the Porsche beat the SLS BS will be smaller. The Benz can barely open up the taps on that track.
Appreciate 0