View Single Post
      10-31-2014, 07:50 AM   #39
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
I wouldn't say SLS BS pails in comparison, it is a damn good car. Is it the razor tool the GT3 is...No. The AMG-GT will be a smaller more nimble car than the SLS. So I am eagerly waiting to see the comments from road/track tests. I think it will be a leap forward for AMG. Then to hear there will be a Black Series model and GT3 model based off the FIA GT3 AMG-GT...cool sh*t.

EVO put up the SLS BS up against the 997 GT2 RS. SLS BS held its own.

I believe the video also states EVO got a quicker lap time with the SLS BS, than the 991 GT3.

Seen that video before. .5 seconds on a 1 minute lap is a huge difference. Extrapolate that over a 10 minute session, and the SLS Black is almost to the point of getting lapped.
All that video did was prove that Mercedes at their best is still well behind Porsche's maybe 2nd or 3rd best car which is on a 10 year old platform compared to a brand new built from the ground up AMG Black Series. And not only that, we are comparing dual clutch to a 6MT. Had the GT2 has PDK, you know that would have been 1.5-2 seconds per lap which is just downright embarassing (similar to how the base 991 dusted the M4 at Angelsy).

Its hard to compare lap times there from day to day, but same day, my money would be on the GT3.

Again, big fan of Mercedes lately...they offerings by and large are superior to BMWs and theyre only getting better. I very much think the C63/S will be the King of the M3/C63/RCF/RS segment.

Last edited by Wolfinwolfsclothing; 10-31-2014 at 08:10 AM..
Appreciate 0