View Single Post
      02-06-2020, 09:03 AM   #18
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

I think this would make things WAY more interesting, do what Formula D does in terms of chassis modifications.

Car has to be factory stock between the front strut towers and the rear struts. Obviously a cage can be added, but the cars can't be full custom chassis cars. Then add a target weight that all cars have to hit, and a HP target, and be done. Imagine how cool it would be to see an ACTUAL Camaro, an ACTUAL Challenger, an ACTUAL Supra, and an ACTUAL Mustang out there battling it out. The only real advantage would be aero, but it would be very interesting IMO. "Win on Sunday, buy on Monday" doesn't really apply any more, because the custom chassis and bodywork look nothing like the actual cars.

There's no need for the cars to go 200+ mph, which why I feel they are so regulated, for safety. This might be why the new stock cars are all going to have to same chassis and same body panels, to try and keep the advantages to a minimum. I'm unsure if this will help the sport or hurt it, but there is way too much regulation nowadays.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00