- Cooling/Tire Pkg
- M Carbon Roof
- Glass controls
- M Carbon Exterior Pkg
- B&W sound
$125,200 MSRP
523 HP. 3.5 0-60

* coupe vs sedan not an issue/primary concern

Similar price points. One is the true M with more power/performance. One is higher on the luxury scale with slightly less performance.

Just interested in thoughts/opinions if presented with this decision. Colors/Trim/interior being variable in the same cost points.
Given that you said that coupe vs sedan is not a primary concern means that you will not need that extra space and comfort in the rear seats that the M5 has. So based on looks only, +1 to M850i. The 8S have looks of a supercar. I personally don't like how the G30 look, both the front and the rear and even on the side but especially the rear with those rearlights that seem to have no definition on them until it is dark and they light (something I expect they will fix at LCI time). In certain angles or views, the car looks like plain or like an Asian car or copy during the day.

The question you have to ask yourself is: do you really need the extra performance the M5 provides? If not, then no point to the M5. Why would you need that extra performance? Is it for fun only, like driving on the motorway or maybe a bit more like weekend tracks? Or is it just for the badge like showing to others that are more into car performance that you have an M5CS. If you think that extra performance overrides anything you do not like in the M5 when compared to the 8S, then, you can either take it or wait for the M5 LCI, else I think the M850i is the one to go for.

Briefly, for the looks, M850i; for performance and practicability, M5CS, but on overall, in my opinion, the M850i wins, and take into consideration that an LCI for the 5 series is relatively near. Also, like someone indicated, you need to drive both and compare by yourself; this will help you into choosing which one to get.

Last edited by Shantosh Seewooruttun; 08-28-2019 at 09:53 PM..
Appreciate 0