Thread: Boxing 2019
View Single Post
      01-25-2019, 07:06 PM   #9
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

There's always the case of casual boxing fans versus true boxing fans.

To casual fans, they may feel that Pacquiao is a better boxer than Mayweather. On the other hand, true boxing fans may feel that although Pacquiao is phenomenal, they wouldn't be afraid to admit that Mayweather is possibly the greatest technical (no knockout) boxer in the history of the sport.

Pacquiao's fighting style is more fun to watch, while Mayweather is only fun for those who have an above average understanding of boxing intricacies. How many people were foolish to think that McGregor had the slightest bit of chance to win against Mayweather in a boxing match?

I watched Pacquiao vs Broner live at the MGM Grand Arena this past weekend, and thought both sides put up a very good and interesting fight. When I flew home the next day, a number of friends and family members were telling me that the fight was boring to watch. It made me wonder which fight they were watching, because it certainly didn't feel boring from a true boxing perspective.

With that said, 2018 was an excellent year for boxing, and I'm definitely looking forward to another year of great fights. Maybe the fans will see Mayweather/Pacquiao II or GGG/Canelo III in 2019...
Appreciate 0