View Single Post
      02-05-2023, 03:31 PM   #43
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
If you murder someone, the prosecutor has to prove your guilt. So, in other words, you are innocent until proven guilty. If the IRS comes after you, you have to prove your innocence. In other words, you are guilty until you prove your innocence. Even the most pro IRS peeps, won’t argue with what I just said.

I think we should prosecute scammers. They are very bad people. However, if you just sign 20 pieces of paper without reading them, you are now partially responsible for the scam. In my opinion. I guess I was just raised differently. It never really occurs to me to blame other people for the circumstances I put myself in. Maybe I should start doing that. You know, jump on the bandwagon?
Yeah but the whole setup is a trap designed to rush you through signing those papers. They rush you, make you feel uncomfortable. It's the intent.

For example, it has also been proven you can't just jam endless shit into a EULA and get away with it just because people clicked to accept. In Feldman v. Google (2007), the court held that a clickwrap agreement is only enforceable when the user has the time to read it and understand it before accepting the terms. There are other cases similar that litigate the content and not just the timing as well.
Appreciate 1
Patton2502939.50