Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaSMP300
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
The major problem is that this GT350 is going to have over 500hp and more than likely cost about the same as the M2 with 380hp. I'm finding it hard to justify paying the same for less. The GT350 is going to be a fully baked car and will be able to compete at a global level in every way. They are serious with this car, and it shows.
I don't see the GT350 being a direct competitor to the M2.... That would be the M3/M4 in my opinion (performance wise). Regardless of how the car performs (there are cars faster than the m3/m4 for equal or less) there is more to it than that. Not all GT350 owners will be able to afford a fully loaded M3/M4 (I believe builds can get close to 90k with options like Carbon Ceramic Breaks). So, if you want a lot of power at an "affordable" price well the Mustang is a a great option.

I will venture to say that the M3/M4's overall quality will still be superior. I don't see Ford having a better infotainment system, nicer leather, or overall having a better build quality than a BMW. Which in my mind is what separates a German sports car from their American counterparts.

Ford is to be commended for keeping the NA V8. And the numbers they have presented us with so far are looking good but I will wait until I see reviews on how the car really drives/take one for a test drive myself before I make any final conclusions of my own.

The GT350 is an American muscle car (emphasis on Muscle) where as the M3/M4 is a terrific blend of luxury and sportiness. And I think we can all agree the M3/M4's particular blend has always been tough to beat.
I'm having a strong hunch that the buyer more concerned with the driving experience will opt for the GT350. The buyer wanting a superior blend of performance and luxury will opt for the more practical F8X.

The GT350 is shaping up to have everything a driver could want in a sports coupe. Seeing as the GTPP is getting praise for its overall driving competence, the extensive list of upgrades should rocket the GT350 into another league.

If I had the money I'd have a hard time thinking about anything else; the last thing on my mind would be hoping that it has ample luxury and/or amenities.
Appreciate 0