Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth 330i View Post
BMW seems more focused on non value added "i" brands that nobody wants at this point in time and non-sense GT models than developing 3-5 kick-ass models. They can't compete with Tesla either. I looked at their line-up and the only cars I would consider are 228, 235 and 6 GC.
The i brand is awesome, what are you talking about? And its not that they dont want to compete against Tesla, its that there is currently no incentive to. Competing with a company when there is no need to is just bad business. So Tesla and BMW are building their own cars in their own markets.

BMW and Tesla are the front runners in electric car tech at the moment. And they do different things well. BMW is better at chassis and interior design, and Telsa is better at batteries and driveline. The best part is that theyve realized it, which is why Tesla and BMW are partnering in the electric car market.

Also, if you had taken the time to look at an i3 properly, youd realize how incredible it is that you can buy that car for $41K. Ill agree that the rest of the BMW line could use some slimming and improvement. But the i brand is utterly fantastic, even in the current early stages.

"Non-value added" is a really silly thing to say.
When I look at i3 the first thing that I think of is running to the bathroom! Who the hell pays 40k for that turd!? Certainly not Germans!!

Carbon fibre and tech is fine but they need to hire better design team. For now I'll take good ol diesel that is 100y old tech if I want to be green. You need to travel a bit instead of getting your knowledge from Internet articles.
Appreciate 0