Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth 330i View Post
Obviously the BMW philosophy has changed in the last few years. The M has to fight to make a decent car instead of being encouraged. Greed and complacency is what comes to my mind just as GM, Ford and Chrysler operated pre '08 crash. Now the Detroit trio is investing heavily to rebuild the reputation while Germans, mostly BMW btw, are relying on their badge to sell cars and focusing on Chinese market. I just read a report that said 20%+ of Ford Explorer customers traded in their Merc, BMW SUVs and bought fully loaded Explorer. I think the latest performance models from Detroit gang are going to hit them hard. BMW seems more focused on non value added "i" brands that nobody wants at this point in time and non-sense GT models than developing 3-5 kick-ass models. They can't compete with Tesla either. I looked at their line-up and the only cars I would consider are 228, 235 and 6 GC.
+1
I couldn't agree more in every way!

BMW got their start by making fantastic drivers cars for driving enthusiasts. Today, BMW is more likely to make a car that appeals the the masses and has left the people who helped build the brand to what it is, out in the cold.
Who are we to argue and I'm sure BMW will quickly point to the fact that they're selling more cars today than they ever have.
So this leaves us with fewer cars in the line-up that appeal to us. I'm with you on the models I'm considering from BMW: 228, 235 and M2.

The major problem is that this GT350 is going to have over 500hp and more than likely cost about the same as the M2 with 380hp. I'm finding it hard to justify paying the same for less. The GT350 is going to be a fully baked car and will be able to compete at a global level in every way. They are serious with this car, and it shows.
Yep all you need too look at are the massive brakes and wheels. I am ready to get M2 but damn the GT350 is insane. 10.5 rim in front stock!? Good grief!!

For me It's the sum of the parts and the character and feel the car offers no matter the brand. Can't wait to read reviews. Ford is firing on all cylinders!
Appreciate 0