View Single Post
      11-19-2014, 11:53 AM   #69
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
So will someone explain to me again WHY BMW can't run an NA V8 and had to go with a turbo 6?
Merc is STILL running a V8, but added TT's!

I re-read the articles on the Lightning Lap from C&D and saw the Merc SL was QUICKER than the M4.

What in the hell is the GT350 going to do to the M3/4?

Obviously the BMW philosophy has changed in the last few years. The M has to fight to make a decent car instead of being encouraged. Greed and complacency is what comes to my mind just as GM, Ford and Chrysler operated pre '08 crash. Now the Detroit trio is investing heavily to rebuild the reputation while Germans, mostly BMW btw, are relying on their badge to sell cars and focusing on Chinese market. I just read a report that said 20%+ of Ford Explorer customers traded in their Merc, BMW SUVs and bought fully loaded Explorer. I think the latest performance models from Detroit gang are going to hit them hard. BMW seems more focused on non value added "i" brands that nobody wants at this point in time and non-sense GT models than developing 3-5 kick-ass models. They can't compete with Tesla either. I looked at their line-up and the only cars I would consider are 228, 235 and 6 GC.
Appreciate 0