02-04-2020, 08:09 AM   #13
Ric in RVA
Bergspyder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 128i Sport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvstar9M3 View Post
Do you you mean HSE? I'm still trying to figure out the options, can you give more specifics of the options your car has? Of those, which ones are a must for you? I bet you love that Meridian sound. For me, I want black on black, meridian sound, and of course HSE for the 20 inch wheels, run roof etc... and wow 180K miles on a Range Rover? wow
HSE.

Literally every single option box was checked. Ipanema Sand Paint, Locking diffs, Meridian sound.

Never known anything else within LR4 world so not sure what I'd miss. It is extremely comfortable, Extremely capable, Sounds good.

It does not "handle". It is tall and heavy. But it has plenty of power and massive brakes. But it will go ANYWHERE I would ever desire to go.

Heavy is an understatement. Whenever I work on the truck I am astonished at the "overbuilt" nature of the truck. Control arms, skid plates, etc are just so massive.

I was fearful of the truck in the beginning but we paid very little for it (knowing it likely needed chain tensioners at $3500-4500).

But this was in the Ford era and the trucks I think are as reliable as Fords during this era.

They have a huge enthusiast base and knowledge is available on the forums for almost anything. https://www.landroverworld.org/forums/lr4.84/

The represent a huge value due to the massive depreciation they experience...

That being said my 2018 Platinum F150 is just as nice inside, leather isn't quite as nice (LR4 is Connoly). Doesn't ride as nice since it is usually an unloaded pickup. But very nice vehicle. Much more high tech with radar cruise, lane keeping, bluetooth, apple and android integration.

If you haven't driven a king ranch or platinum F150 you should. V8 or eco boost 3.5 are both great motors. I would have bought either.

Very happy with my 3.5 Ecoboost and 10 speed transmission. It also has every single option on it except Max tow. So I am limited to about 11000 instead of 13000 pounds.

2011 128i 6 MT Sport, 2009 Cayman 987.2, 2011 528i N52, 2018 F150 Platinum
Appreciate 0