09-27-2019, 10:48 PM   #37
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzerReiter View Post
I dont mean to support him, because that joke is aweful, but you hit something that irks me a lot about the 8. It's not as roomy as an S Coupe, so it cant compete with that, but it's also nowhere near the sportscar that the 911 is. So basically you have a smaller 6 series with a little bit better driving dynamics but its back seats are a joke. It's neither here, not there, so... unless you fall for its looks, arent you gonna go for the more luxurious S or the sportier 911, depending on your tastes?

But i digress.
I think that it has a place in the market for that very reason. Not everybody wants something as low, stiff, and cramped as a 911. And the S coupe is on the complete other end of the spectrum; too large and fluffy, and neither the exterior nor interior look sporty.

This car aims to strike a balance between the two extremes. Unfortunately, the steering sucks nuts. I drove it at a local BMW event and [like nearly every BMW] the powertrain is killer, the styling is beautiful, the ride/handling balance is on the sporty side, but the steering is feather light.

Last edited by Germanauto; 09-27-2019 at 10:53 PM..
Appreciate 0