Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I haven't even been out this year

I'd turn in my fishing license, but I don't even have a current one
You should be ashamed of yourself. No beach card this year and now I find out no fishing license? You invited me to the thread. Be careful what you wish for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Sold my Grady 24’ Offshore a couple years ago but fortunately I have friends with boats from 19’ walkaround to a Grady Marlin 3o’. We fish up here often in the NY Atlantic, inshore for Stripers, bluefish, fluke( summer flounder), blackfish and others and offshore for Bluefin, thresher, Mako and in the summer when the Gulf Stream eddies get close we get shots at YFT, dolphin and even marlin.

When we vacation we always plan a charter trip or two. Two years ago I caught my first Blue Marlin, after getting skunked two times in Hawaii( Kona and Maui)
Landed him in Cabo, man that place is a Marlin Mecca. Hooked an approximate 600 lber but it spit the slow trolled live bonito after about a 1/2 hr. Hooked the next about about an hour later fast trolling lures. It was a 250 pounder.
Can’t wait to get back to that place. Need my scratch a rooster fish off my list and another Blue Marlin while I’m at it.
The next best thing to having a boat is having a friend with a boat.

I did a lot of fishing in the Great South Bay when we had a boat in Lindenhurst, and off Sandy Hook in NJ. Although I don't like eating them, I think Blues are the most fun to catch up here, they give you a run for your money. Reeling in the fluke and flounder are like pulling up a wet rag. The strippers are fun. And the sea bass are good eating. I once pulled up a sea robin. I was horrified, I thought I found a prehistoric monster lurking at the bottom of the sea. I had freakin nightmares.

I like fishing in FL because you never know what you're going to reel in. Dolphin, all different kinds of grouper, and snapper. Those grouper are a pain in the ass when they pull you into the rocks and hide.

I haven't been out in years.