View Single Post
      03-02-2024, 10:37 PM   #12
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGS View Post
BMW always calibrates their throttle response to be more aggressive than American vehicles. Drivers associate sharp throttle calibration with sportiness, and so if you want to make something with unimpressive power levels sporty, you just give it a hyperactive throttle, then boom, sporty

CT5VBW is a beast, but it's not going to be as luxurious as like, and M5. That's not their market position.

A manual CT5VBW is probably the safest investment car on the market. There's probably not going to be another big power, RWD, manual super sedan again. It's going to be kind.of the pinnacle of that segment.
That's the kind of subjective/bias stuff I was talking about earlier.

In short, no they don't. I had a 4 series, I had a Stinger, nearly clone cars, right down to the throttle response in regular mode, eco, sport and custom. These always reset themselves back to "comfort" too.

My V8 Camaro is able to stay in sport, and the throttle is regressive, it does the most during the first part of the travel, later on having "not much left", unlike Track which is linear. It's good for initial kicks/acceleration rate. It's basically the opposite of what you claimed above. Now, it's a big V8, it's not going to be as rev-happy as a 2L with a 7700 RPM limit (I've been there too), but just throttle response, totally the opposite of what you claim.