View Single Post
      01-24-2021, 02:24 PM   #2
jamodeo
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Comp Coupe

Unfortunately CarKey is only compatible with most BMWs built after July 1, 2020. We can use the BMW "Key Card" with our cars if you have one but the iPhone specific CarKey function won't work with previous vehicles as it uses new hardware according to BMW.

As far as your charging mat though separate from the CarKey, I am concerned about it flashing orange for you when it comes to using the tray for charging. I would make sure you don't have anything between the phone and your case that is metallic, magnetic, or obstructing in any way between the center of the back of the phone and the charging mat. A standard protective case is ok on a phone, so long as nothing is wedged in between the phone and the case in the middle of it. When it flashes orange that means it is not charging due to an issue, most likely due to some kind of interference.

Sorry about the CarKey, I am upset as well having a 2020 without this capability as my car was built in 19.

For cars built after July 1, 2020, CarKey is setup in the BMW ConnectedDrive app on your phone.

-Joe