Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaury23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
Yes I'm aware of CarWow review, (R8 vs Ferrari V12 vs tuned GTR 2009), and M8 has emerged triumphant

But looking for further insight into how they compare? Are they similar or worlds apart?

I am very familiar with R8 2017 V10, and boy was I impressed! I had it on a trip for 24 hours

There's an M8 Convertible ordered on the way (I have never driven one and bought on pure leap of faith), and I'm just anxious I may have just bought another M5 F90 not even on steroids knowing it's heavier and same engine, with the caveat as I made an M8 purchase I was consciously was getting a top less ///M, yet on a deeper level ?! subconsciously, was just trying to get closer to an R8 looks, performance and status without having to leave BMW ///M family to which I have been a loyal fan for a variety of reasons!

It's a shame that BMW has nothing to offer to stack up head to head with this beast Audi R8! I8 certainly doesn't and hoping M8 gets an inch closer in this arguably king joined of catch up? That started with Audi RS7 years ago!! Where BMW M5 had to lick its wounds for a few years, till F90 came out and I think crushed RS7 in every aspect! But R8 territory seems to remain as uncharted waters for BMW?!

Thoughts?!
While I maybe trying to hear some reassuring thoughts, but deep inside I really want input from folks familiar with both platforms!

Thanks
Cheers
Will report back when I get the car in a few days and will compare to the aforementioned cars!
Also only car nerds can tell the difference between your M5 and a normal BMW. When I pull out the R8, it's just a totally different level of attention and respect.... Trust me, get the R8. They are also the best bang for the buck right now. You can get a plus for under 140k. I recommend the plus because of the carbon fiber and interior options.
I second (or third or fourth) that recommendation. My only regret in life is that I didn't buy an r8 when I had the chance because it was offered from the dealer as a favor to me at literally half off. Now as I look to pay closer to full price, I wish I'd bought it one decade ago.
Appreciate 2
LSM1118.00
soooma1377.50